Moving your company to a new office is a significant milestone. Not does it show that your business is growing, but it also improves your workplace’s cost-efficiency and boosts your team’s morale, productivity, and performance. Answer these questions before you secure commercial moving services in NJ for your big move to ensure a smooth and hassle-free relocation.
Consider These Questions Before Moving Your Office
Relocating your workplace is a hefty investment. Whether you’re doing it to accommodate your expanding team, improve the accessibility of your office, or just to cut down your overhead costs, you must be 100% certain of your decision. Otherwise, you’ll risk disrupting your operations and affecting your profits for nothing.
One of the most reliable moving companies in the Tri-State area recommends answering these questions before committing to your relocation:
• Is the location of your new office better than your current one’s address?
Unit or building size should not be your sole deciding criteria regarding your new workplace. You must also consider its location as it will impact every aspect of your operations. Answer these questions to determine if your new office is better than your current one:
• How accessible are the new office for you, your team, and your visitors?
• What are the options for public transport near the new office?
• What are the shops, banks, pharmacies, restaurants, and other amenities near the new office?
• Is there noise or air pollution? If so, are they manageable?
• Are there any local issues you should prepare for, such as regular flooding?
• Is your team on board with the big move?
While you have the last say about your office relocation, keep in mind that your employees are the backbone of your company. Give them a chance to provide suggestions and voice their concerns about the big move. After all, they are the ones who will spend a lot of time in the new office.
Before you finalize your relocation and hire a moving company in New Jersey, ask your team these questions:
• Is there any place or city that can be an equally good option?
• Is there any place or city that you don’t want to work in?
• Would you prefer an open plan or private setup?
• Is there anything lacking in our current office that you’d like in the new one?
• Can the new office support your established company culture?
An office is more than just a place of work. It’s where your team creates memories, builds lasting relationships, and makes decisions.
The way your current workplace is structured has a significant impact on the way people communicate within its walls. For instance, small offices mean people stay close together, which encourages informal connections and collaborations.
Make sure your new office can mimic or build on the structure of your current workplace.
This setup will help you cultivate your established company culture. Consider how you want your workplace equipment and furnishings placed in your new office, then tell your provider of commercial moving services in NJ about it. This step will enable them to unload everything based on their final location in your planned layout.
Set Your Company Up for a Smooth Relocation
If your answers to these questions solidified your decision to move offices, then the next thing you need to do is hire expert moving services. Consider Hercules Movers your ally during your relocation. Let our professional team help you plan your move, package your workplace equipment and furnishings, and deliver everything safely to your new place.
Aside from professional moving services, Hercules Movers also offers expert waste removal and storage facilities in New Jersey. Call us now at (732) 324-2500 for inquiries!