Thinking About Moving Out of New Jersey to New Hampshire? Here’s What You Need to Know
New Hampshire has been ranked to be one of the best states to live in. In being ranked as one of the best places to live, a lot of factors such as income level, unemployment rate, and population density were considered. All these and more are factors you consider when considering whether to move to a state. If you are thinking of moving to New Hampshire, there a few things you should consider. New Hampshire is ranked as one of the top 10 states to retire to. This is because there are a lot of attractive attributes in New Hampshire that make the state appealing to people of all ages. When picking a state to move to, things such as cost of living, taxes, and of course weather are very crucial considerations. We have put together a list of things you should know and consider before moving to New Hampshire below.
- Culture The people of New Hampshire are very diverse generally described as friendly and helpful. The people are also honest and hard-working, and you will not have trouble making new friends after your move.
- Affordable Housing New Hampshire has affordable rates whether you are looking to buy or rent a house. These affordable houses are readily available. What’s more, there are a lot of new settlements being developed all around New Hampshire. All these new developments will allow houses to be readily available for buying or renting at affordable rates. In addition to affordable housing, New Hampshire also has affordable home insurance. On the downside, New Hampshire has high Property tax rates. It has the third-highest property tax rate in the country. What this means is that money saved on affordable rent or buying, and home insurance might be spent on property taxes in the state.
- Tax Rates As stated above, property taxes in New Hampshire are high. However, it is still a tax-friendly state. There is no state income tax or sales tax levied by the state. So, this lack of state income and sales tax might offset the high sum spent on property tax. The state is especially tax-friendly to senior citizens. Social security benefits and other retirement incomes are not taxed.
- Population Density If you want your home to be in a compound with a lot of space, then New Hampshire is the place for you. The state has a low population density. This allows for you to be able to purchase a large portion of land at a good price. This extra space can be used for gardening and any other hobbies you would like to try out with your extra time.
- Quality of Life Multiple studies have shown New Hampshire to be the best place to live in. One of the reasons for this is that New Hampshire has one of the highest quality of life and life expectancies. The state is generally clean with plenty of fresh air for you. At this stage, quality of life is very important for you because you are in a delicate season of life. The quality of life in New Hampshire makes it possible for you to live a good life at this stage of your life.
- Cost of Living New Hampshire has a good economy. The cost of living in New Hampshire is very affordable compared to other states. If you are retiring, chances are that you are going to live on your retirement benefit. It is therefore essential for you to choose a state with a low cost of living so you can have a comfortable retirement period.
- Recreational Activities One of the reasons people move to New Hampshire is its proximity to recreational activities and centers. There are a lot of beaches, mountains, lakes, and forests. New Hampshire has a lot of recreational activities and centers that you can utilize to relax. There are nice sculpture gardens, museums, nice castles, and festivals. Whatever recreational activity you are a fan of chances are high that you will find an or place to satisfy you in New Hampshire.
- Low Crime Rates New Hampshire is popular for its low crime rates. The state is ranked one of the highest for public safety and one of the lowest for crime rates. It important that you pick a state with low crime rates to avoid being the victim of the crime as much as possible.
- Weather New Hampshire has nice weather. However, the state has long and harsh winters. If you do not like winter, it is especially long in New Hampshire and that may not be the best possible state for you. If you really want to move to the state, you can try moving to New Hampshire, and be going on holiday to another state during winter. New Hampshire is also prone to health hazards such as wildfires, thunderstorms, tornadoes, and hurricanes. This is something you should seriously consider before deciding to move to New Hampshire.
- Effective Healthcare System New Hampshire is ranked as the third healthiest state and ranked first for quality of health care. For you, quality health care is really important and a state like New Hampshire with quality health care should be top on the list of states you are considering moving to.
- Freshly Brewed Beer If you love freshly brewed beer, then you should consider moving to New Hampshire. The state has a lot of excellent breweries scattered all over. It makes it easy for you to access your freshly brewed beer.