If you’re looking for a new place to call home in Tennessee, you’re in luck. Tennessee is a great state to live in, with plenty of amenities and activities to keep you busy. And whether you’re looking for a bustling city or a quiet country town, you’re sure to find it here. To help you narrow down your search, we’ve compiled a list of the 5 best places to move in Tennessee.
If you’re considering a move to the south, there’s no better place to start than Nashville, Tennessee. With its rich history, vibrant culture, and beautiful scenery, it’s no wonder that Nashville is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should make the move to Music City.
- The Music Scene: Nashville is known as Music City for a reason. It’s home to some of the best music venues in the country, as well as the world-famous Grand Ole Opry. No matter what genre of music you’re into, you’ll be able to find a concert or show to suit your taste. And if you’re a musician yourself, there’s no better place to pursue your dreams than Nashville.
- The Food Scene: Nashville’s food scene is one of the most diverse and exciting in the country. From southern staples like barbecue and fried chicken to international cuisine, you’ll be able to find whatever you’re in the mood for. And with new restaurants popping up all the time, there’s always something new to try.
- The History: Nashville is steeped in history. From its days as a small frontier town to its role in the Civil War and beyond, there’s no shortage of things to learn about this city. And with so many historical sites and landmarks, you’ll never get bored exploring everything Nashville has to offer.
- The Scenery: In addition to being home to some of the most beautiful buildings and architecture in the country, Nashville also offers plenty of opportunity to enjoy nature. With its rolling hills and scenic vistas, it’s easy to see why so many people fall in love with this city at first sight.
- The People: Last but not least, one of the best things about Nashville is its people. Known for their friendly demeanor and Southern hospitality, Nashvillians will make you feel right at home from the moment you arrive.
Thinking about a move to Knoxville Tennessee? Here are a few things you should know about this up and coming city! From its vibrant music scene to its growing job market, there’s a lot to love about this Southern gem. Keep reading to find out why you should make the move to Knoxville!
- Music Scene: Knoxville is well-known for its incredible music scene. The city is home to several well-known bands and musicians, including the Grammy-winning country group Lady Antebellum. In addition to its many live music venues, Knoxville also hosts the annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, which attracts tens of thousands of visitors each year.
- Job Market: Knoxville’s job market is on the rise. In recent years, the city has seen an influx of new businesses, thanks in part to its lower cost of living and proximity to major highways. This has created new job opportunities in a variety of industries, from healthcare to technology.
- Cost of Living: Knoxville’s cost of living is relatively low compared to other major cities in the United States. This makes it an affordable place to live for families and young professionals alike. Additionally, Knoxville’s property taxes are some of the lowest in the country, which is another plus for potential residents!
- Outdoorsy Activities: If you’re looking for a city with plenty of outdoorsy activities, look no further than Knoxville! The city is located in close proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains, which offer plenty of hiking and camping opportunities. In addition, Knoxville is home to over 50 parks where you can enjoy picnics, playgrounds, and more!
- Friendly Community: Residents of Knoxville pride themselves on being friendly and welcoming. Whether you’re moving here for work or for school, you’ll quickly find yourself feeling at home in this close-knit community.
If you’re not looking for quite as much excitement as Nashville offers, then Knoxville might be more your speed. It’s smaller than Nashville but still has plenty to do, including walking trails, shopping, and museums. Plus, it’s located close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, so there are plenty of outdoor activities nearby.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, is a city on the move. According to a recent survey, Chattanooga is the fourth fastest-growing city in the United States. And it’s no wonder why: Chattanooga offers a low cost of living, a high quality of life, and plenty of reasons to call it home. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider moving to Chattanooga.
- A Low Cost of Living: Chattanooga’s cost of living is 9% below the national average and 10% below the average for other major Tennessee cities. This lower cost of living means that your money will go further in Chattanooga than in other places. In addition, Chattanooga’s property taxes are among the lowest in the nation. If you’re looking for a place to call home that won’t break the bank, Chattanooga is definitely worth considering.
- A High Quality of Life: Chattanooga has been ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, Money Magazine, and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. In addition, Chattanooga was named one of National Geographic’s “Top 20 Places to Live and Play” in both 2014 and 2015. And it’s not just publications that are taking notice: people are voting with their feet and moving to Chattanooga in droves. In fact, since 2010, Chattanooga’s population has increased by more than 10%.
- Plenty to Do: If you’re looking for a city with plenty to keep you busy, look no further than Chattanooga. From world-class museums and attractions to outdoor activities and a lively downtown scene, there’s something for everyone in Chattanooga. And if you’re a foodie, you’ll be happy to know that Chattanooga has been named one of America’s “Next Hot Food Cities” by Zagat. No matter what your interests are, you’ll find plenty to do in Chattanooga.
As you can see, there are lots of great reasons to consider moving to Chattanooga, Tennessee. If you’re looking for a city with a low cost of living, a high quality of life, and plenty to keep you busy, Chattanooga should definitely be at the top of your list!
If you’re thinking about making a move, you might want to consider Memphis, Tennessee. This vibrant city is full of culture, history, and some of the best BBQ you’ll ever taste. And if that’s not enough to convince you, here are 5 more reasons why you should call Memphis home.
- There’s Something for Everyone in Memphis: Whether you’re into live music, good food, or exploring new places, Memphis has something for everyone. This city is known for being a mecca for live music, with everything from Jazz to Blues to Rock n’ Roll being represented. And if you’re a foodie, you’ll be in heaven here – Memphis is home to some of the best BBQ in the country. Plus, there are plenty of museums and parks to explore if you’re looking for a more low-key day.
- The Housing Market is Booming: If you’re looking to buy a house, now is a great time to do it in Memphis. The housing market is booming, and there are plenty of neighborhoods to choose from whether you’re looking for an urban setting or something more suburban. Prices are also affordable compared to other major cities, so you’ll be able to get more bang for your buck.
- The Cost of Living is Low: Memphis is a relatively affordable city to live in, with the cost of living index coming in at 7% below the national average. This means that your money will go further here, whether you’re buying groceries or paying your monthly bills.
- The Weather is Mild: If cold winters and hot summers aren’t your thing, then you’ll love the weather in Memphis. The temperature here stays fairly consistent throughout the year, with an average high of around 80 degrees in the summer and an average low of around 60 degrees in the winter. That means no shoveling snow or dealing with AC bills!
- There’s No State Income Tax: If you’ve ever lived in a state with income tax, then this one will be a game-changer for you. That’s right – there is no state income tax in Tennessee! This can add up to big savings over time, especially if you’re employed in one of the many high-paying jobs in Memphis such as healthcare, bioscience, or transportation logistics.
Memphis is another city with a lot to offer residents. There’s an abundance of arts and entertainment options, as well as great food. Plus, it’s located on the Mississippi River, so there are plenty of opportunities for fishing and boating. If you want to live in a city with southern charm, Memphis is the place for you.
Franklin, Tennessee is a historic city located just south of Nashville. With a population of nearly 80,000 people, it is the seventh largest city in the state. Franklin is known for its quaint downtown area, which is home to a variety of shops and restaurants. The city also boasts several parks and green spaces, as well as a thriving arts community. If you are considering a move to Franklin, TN, here are five reasons why you should do it.
- The Cost of Living is Affordable: Franklin, TN has a lower cost of living than the national average. In fact, housing costs in Franklin are nearly 20% below the national average. This makes Franklin an attractive option for families who are looking for a more affordable place to live.
- The School Districts are Excellent: If you have children, you will be pleased to know that the school districts in Franklin are some of the best in the state. Students in Franklin consistently outperform their peers on standardized tests and college entrance exams. In addition, there are a number of private schools located in the city.
- The Job Market is Strong: Franklin is home to a number of large employers, including Nissan North America and Community Health Systems. The unemployment rate in Franklin is below the national average, making it a great place to live if you are looking for work.
- There is No State Income Tax in Tennessee: One of the biggest benefits of living in Tennessee is that there is no state income tax. This means that you will keep more of your hard-earned money when you live in Franklin.
- There is Something for Everyone in Franklin: Whether you are looking for nightlife or outdoor activities, you will be able to find it in Franklin. The city is home to several clubs and bars, as well as parks and hiking trails. There is also a vibrant arts scene, with several museums and art galleries located downtown.
Franklin rounds out our list of the best places to move in Tennessee. This small town provides residents with a tight-knit community feel while still offering plenty of activities and events. And if you need a break from city life, Nashville is only about 30 minutes away.
Tennessee is a great state no matter where you choose to live. But if you’re having trouble deciding which city or town is right for you, hopefully this list has helped narrow down your options. No matter where you end up in Tennessee, we’re sure you’ll be happy with your decision!