When most people think of Pennsylvania, they think of Philadelphia. But there’s so much more to the state than just the City of Brotherly Love. In fact, if you’re looking for a place to put down roots and start a family, you might want to consider moving to the Pocono Mountains region in northeastern Pennsylvania.
The Pocono Mountains are centrally located and easily accessible from New Jersey. Situated just 80 miles from New York City and 90 miles from Philadelphia, the Pocono Mountains are the perfect spot for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life without giving up all the conveniences and amenities that come with living near a major metropolitan area. In addition to being close to some of the Northeast’s biggest cities, the Pocono Mountains are also within driving distance of many of New Jersey‘s most popular vacation destinations, including the Jersey Shore, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Camelbeach Waterpark.
The Pocono Mountains offer a wide range of housing options to fit any budget. Whether you’re looking for a cozy cabin in the woods or a luxurious estate overlooking one of the region’s many lakes, you’ll be able to find it in the Pocono Mountains. In addition, there are many new development projects underway in the region, so if you’re looking for a brand-new home, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from.
The cost of living in the Pocono Mountains is much lower than it is in New Jersey. Housing prices in Pennsylvania are much more affordable than they are in New Jersey, so if you’re looking to save money on your monthly mortgage payments or rent, the Pocono Mountains is an ideal place to call home. In addition, Pennsylvania has no state income tax, so you’ll keep more of your hard-earned money in your pocket each year.
Here are five reasons why:
1. It’s Affordable: Whether you’re buying your first home or your fifth, you’ll find that homes in the Pocono Mountains are much more affordable than in New Jersey. In addition, the cost of living is lower, which means your money will go further. From groceries and gas to entertainment and healthcare, you’ll be able to save money in every area of your life.
2. The Scenery is Stunning: If you love nature, you’ll feel right at home in the Pocono Mountains. With its rivers, streams, forests, and mountains, the region is a veritable paradise for outdoor lovers. In fact, it’s home to some of the best hiking and skiing in Pennsylvania. And in the fall, the foliage is simply breathtaking.
3. There’s No shortage of Things to Do: Just because the Pocono Mountains is located in a rural area doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do. In addition to hiking and skiing, the region offers camping, fishing, golfing, mountain biking, and so much more. There are also several quaint towns full of shops and restaurants to explore. And if you’re looking for a bigger city fix, Philadelphia is only a two-hour drive away.
4. The Schools are Top Notch: If you have school-aged children, you’ll be happy to know that the Pocono Mountain School District is one of the best in Pennsylvania. In addition to strong academics, the district offers a variety of extracurricular activities and sports programs. And with smaller class sizes, your child will get the individual attention they need to thrive.
5. You Can Have it All: When you move to the Pocono Mountains region, you really can have it all—an affordable place to live with stunning scenery and plenty of things to do. So what are you waiting for? Come see for yourself why this hidden gem is quickly becoming one of Pennsylvania’s most popular places to live!
If you’re thinking about making a move from New Jersey to Pennsylvania, there’s no better time than now. The Pocono Mountains region offers its residents stunning scenery, bountiful outdoor recreation, convenient access to major metropolitan areas, and a low cost of living. So what are you waiting for? Start packing your boxes and get ready for a fresh start in Pennsylvania!